There is the opportunity and structured support for our students to achieve the highest levels of academic performance. VCE results over many years are testimony to the outstanding academic achievements of many of the students of the college.
While a range of opportunities are available, the college continually seeks to further develop and improve the offerings for our students. In recent years we have
- Received accreditation from the Department of Education to offer the Select Entry Accelerated Learning Program (SEALP) from 2015
- Been selected as one of 17 schools for the University of Melbourne Network of Schools program focusing on excellence in teaching and learning, and opportunities for projects with the university
- A longer term partnership with Victoria University with particular emphases on the Sciences, and Sport
- An academic literacy program across the school to develop higher order language skills and capacities in all students
- A re-designed Year 10 program modelled on the demands and challenges of VCE
- The Futures Centre to challenge and engage our Year 9 students in a program with a difference
The college has also completed a number of facilities upgrades in recent years, these include
- A contemporary learning environment for our junior students with separate and newly designed Year 7 and Year 8 Learning Centres
- An extended and renovated Senior Study Centre for exclusive use of Year 11 and 12 students
- A Futures Centre facility for Year 9 students developed with a $1 million Leading Schools Fund grant
- An upgrade of the Music Centre
- An industry standard fit-out of Kitchen facilities to provide a Hospitality Skills Centre
- An extended and renovated VCE Study Centre
- An Environmental Science Centre and a Sci-tech Centre – our most recently completed building projects
The focus of these improvements and our programs in general, is simply to develop and support our students to achieve their personal best in all of their pursuits.
Ultimately Footscray City College students can learn in an environment that is both disciplined and engaging, while they explore a rich range of options for their futures.
Please feel welcome to visit us and have a first-hand experience of the daily workings of our college.