In 2018 the College Council members are:
Executive Officer: Angelique den Brinker
President: Karen Ingram (Parent)
Vice President:Ryan Grieve (Parent)
Treasurer: Linda Woods (Parent)
Secretary: Ryan Grieve
John Box (DET)
Chris Lovelock (DET)
Timotei Schubert (DET)
Brett Ferguson (Parent)
Ian Corcoran (Parent)
Lisa Heap ( Community Member)
Role of School Council
- The school’s general educational policy.
- The school’s long term Strategic Plan.
- Reporting annually to the school community.
- Approving and monitoring the school budget.
- Developing the student code of conduct.
- Awarding contracts for the supply of goods and services.
- Maintenance of buildings and grounds.
The College Council, in its responsibility for educational policy development will:
- Make the learning needs of all students its primary focus
- Ensure effective communication between Council and the College community
- Strive to provide a supportive environment for expressing opinions
- Maintain a high level of integrity in relation to the conduct of debate
- Provide a suitable physical environment and working conditions for staff and students
- Be accountable to the College community for its decisions
- Seek opinions from and discussion with the community
- Develop policy directions, taking into consideration recommendations from committees specific to that policy direction, and other relevant parties
- Ensure the accountability requirements of DE&T and other relevant authorities are met
In carrying out its business, the College Council will:
- Be representative of the College community
- Make decisions based on best available information
- Display a commitment to the College community and its Strategic Plan
- Develop and adhere to a set of written guidelines to assist Council members
- Ensure Council sub-committees provide written reports regularly to Council
- Ensure Council members are given the opportunity to learn and develop skills
The College Council, will in its role of liaising with the wider community:
- Maintain a visible and regular presence at the College and College events
- Take a leadership role in promoting a positive public profile for the College
- Raise issues of health and wellbeing for the College Community Investigate appropriate partnerships between College and wider community including the development and maintenance of the College resource base
School Council Minutes
19 February 2019 SC Minutes 201902
19 March 2019 SC Minutes 201903
21 May 2019 SC Minutes 201905