In 2012 the College Council members are:
Parents – Michael Sturmey (President), John Cumming, Michelle Hethorn, Craig Jones and Bernice Murphy
Staff – Maria Bawden – Principal. Chris Lovelock, Bill Lensky and Tom Falzon
Community – David Jones, David Palmer
Student – Bridget Jones
Role of School Council
- The school’s general educational policy.
- The school’s long term Strategic Plan.
- Reporting annually to the school community.
- Approving and monitoring the school budget.
- Developing the student code of conduct.
- Awarding contracts for the supply of goods and services.
- Maintenance of buildings and grounds.
The College Council, in its responsibility for educational policy development will:
- Make the learning needs of all students its primary focus
- Ensure effective communication between Council and the College community
- Strive to provide a supportive environment for expressing opinions
- Maintain a high level of integrity in relation to the conduct of debate
- Provide a suitable physical environment and working conditions for staff and students
- Be accountable to the College community for its decisions
- Seek opinions from and discussion with the community
- Develop policy directions, taking into consideration recommendations from committees specific to that policy direction, and other relevant parties
- Ensure the accountability requirements of DE&T and other relevant authorities are met
In carrying out its business, the College Council will:
- Be representative of the College community
- Make decisions based on best available information
- Display a commitment to the College community and its Strategic Plan
- Develop and adhere to a set of written guidelines to assist Council members
- Ensure Council sub-committees provide written reports regularly to Council
- Ensure Council members are given the opportunity to learn and develop skills
The College Council, will in its role of liaising with the wider community:
- Maintain a visible and regular presence at the College and College events
- Take a leadership role in promoting a positive public profile for the College
- Raise issues of health and wellbeing for the College Community Investigate appropriate partnerships between College and wider community including the development and maintenance of the College resource base